Travel plans and dreams inhabit my thoughts every waking hour of each day; I relive past explorations and imagine future journeys.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

And the Winner is……!


March 5, 2006
The storm that came in the middle of the night had been forecast so we weren’t surprised but in the morning, when we heard on the news that the roads we’d travelled yesterday had got lots of snow, we were so thankful that we’d been forced to plough on through.

Leaving Hopland, north through Ukiah to Willits, the rain poured down and the wind blew in huge gusts. It reminded us of home. We agreed that we had left Arizona too soon and yearned to be back in the desert. However, today is an important one for me – The Academy Awards! I love them and have never missed them, so I opened up our wallet, pushing aside the moths and actually paid for a KOA campsite, which had all hook-ups including cable TV – Yeah! And free Wifi for Fernie to play online poker. The rain continued hard and the wind blew and our little home in the trees was so cozy. While I watched the awards, Fernie made a cool $52 – that more than pays for this campsite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home